150th Anniversary Calendar of Events.
Last Updated on 15 December 2015 Written by Administrator
Saturday 12th January 2013 - Installation Communication.
|Lodge of Research CC will met in Rathfriland Masonic Hall on Saturday 27th April 2013.|
Fifty plus brethren attend the Communication. A paper was read on Sir Charles Lanyon, Renowned Belfast Architect and Freemason (6 January 1813 – 31 May 1889). Following the communication a festive board was held in Rathfriland Football Club.
|Wednesday 8th May 2013 - Provincial Grand Lodge of Down, Rathfriland High School, Rathfriland.|
The Provincial Meeting took place in Rathfriland High School as planned and the hall was filled to capacity. We would like to thank the Provincial Grand Lodge of Down for giving us the opportunity to host Provincial and the Headmaster and Board of Governors of Rathfriland High School for permitting us the use of the School premises.
|18th May 2013 - 150th Anniversary meeting, Rathfriland Community Centre, John Street, Rathfriland.|
The Anniversary Communication took place in the Community Centre, John Street, Rathfriland. Bro Stephen Moore read a minute from a previous meeting held in 1913 and gave a news report from the same year. Right Worshipful Brother Rev. Charles McCurdy conducted a service to mark the Lodge's anniversary and in memory of the founder members of the Lodge. Over 80 brethren were in attendance including:
Greetings were brought to the Lodge from Lodges: 18, 23, 77, 121,150, 155. 156, 173, 174, 180, 203, 286, 296, 393, 498, 503, 512, 611, 696, 697, 728 and No. 5 in the English Constitution.
V.W.Bro. Desy McCormick brought fraternal greetings from the Provincial Grand Lodge of Antrim.